Friday, June 2, 2017

What I'm Up To: A Random Walk Through JeffScape's Randomness

I'm bored, so I'm just gonna mention stuff.  I've probably mentioned some of this stuff before, but I don't care.  And if you've followed me for a while (all three of you), you probably know that I don't care.

So, hmm... what's subjectively interesting in my life...

Well, I had a script deadline on May 14th.  I missed it.  Luckily, there was an option to extend the deadline to May 21st.  I missed that one, too.  Truth be told, I still haven't turned it in.  There's a good chance I'm going to get fired.  But... I don't care.

I don't know why I don't care.  I just don't.  The script in question is for a project that has been an exercise in insanity for years now.  Literally.  Years.  I think we need to inject some new talent into the writing process (I am currently the third writer on it), although the film's investors are hesitant to pay another writer.

Truth be told... oh, wait... I used that phrase already.  Let me think of another...

Nope, got nothing.  Moving on!

I recently lost 30 pounds.  A full on fucking 30 pounds.  I weighed 208 just last October.  By the end of January, I was 178.

Fucking crazy.

Went to this the other night:

L to R: Marti Nixon, Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy, J.J. Abrams, Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, Thandie Newton, James Marsden, Jimmi Simpson

Was pretty cool.  First time to the Television Academy.  Two of my friends have minor roles on the show (one of whom might be returning for season 2), and I worked with Angela Sarafyan ("Charlotte Pennyfeather") on a couple of movies years ago, so there's some icing on the cake when I watch Westworld.

I'm co-writing a short film about two combat veteran Teddy bears.  It's for a competition.  Wish me luck.

One of my cats is sick, but his meds are working.  It's weird watching him play around, knowing that he's probably dying.  As I type this, he's in the backyard, asleep among the grass.  Such a wonderful cat.  Both of my cats are wonderful cats.

I found out a week or so ago that I've had my dog one less year than I thought I had him.  I got him in 2005, apparently.  So, unless I wrote the wrong information down (which is possible), he's likely only going to be 13 this year.  I thought he was 14.

I hated (HATED) Alien: Covenant.

I quite liked Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2.

Speaking of Marvel, one of my friends is one of the leads in Marvel's The Inhumans that comes out this fall.  You should watch it.  Even if it sucks.  He needs the work.

That's him on the far left.  Eme.  We fight all the time, but I taught him how to shoot, so he loves me.

They got the costumes aaaaaaaalmost right.

I'm thinking about going to back to school.  Los Angeles Valley College has a two-year degree in Earth Science that I want.  California State University Northridge has the Master's I want, but I figured it would be better to do another Bachelor's first.  Besides, I have my eye on anywhere from three to six minors.

I love school.  What can I say?

And I'm still targeting a PhD by the time I'm 50.  Depends on how this ol' career of mine goes.

Anyway, you're probably bored of me by now.

I'll continue that Short Pajamas story soon.

Time for wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irreview, Book Review: The Nutshell Technique

I have, to date, read well over two dozen books on screenwriting and its related mediums (theatre, specifically).  While most - if not all -...